EMAIL MARKETING CAMPAIGN FOR CROSS SELLING -
Updated: Mar 2
How many times have you placed an order at McDonald's and then have been asked, "Do you want fries with that?" That's a classic example of cross-selling. With Email Marketing, the same technique can be used in online businesses.
As per McKinsey & Company reports that cross-selling can boost sales and profits by up to 20% and 30%, respectively.
Cross selling can go above and beyond in an E commerce business. As part of your Email Marketing strategy, you can run a cross-selling campaign.
A cross-sell email enables you to recommend or sell related products, also known as cross-sell products, to existing or prospective customers. Most likely it's the existing customers because you've built the trust with them and they are most likely to purchase from you again. You can also recommend appropriate products based on previous customer purchases. These emails successfully convert prospects into returning customers.
Cross-sell email messages in an e-commerce business allow you to reach out to a visitor or customer long after they've left your store. Cross-sell emails are typically sent immediately after a customer leaves your store, regardless of whether or not they made a purchase.
WHY ARE CROSS-SELLING EMAILS VALUABLE FOR YOUR BRAND -
1. Encourages repeat purchases - your most valuable asset is your current customers. You should think about them first. Repeat customers are 67% more likely to spend than new customers.
2. Loyalty and personalization - The ability to recommend the right products is critical to the effectiveness of the cross-selling strategy. You really need to know what your customer likes based on previous purchases for this. Additionally, when recommending your products in emails, personalize your messaging.Personalization nurtures brand loyalty by demonstrating to customers that you understand their needs. It is not a salesy approach.
3. Increases Customer Life Value (CLV) - CLV is the most valuable asset a brand or ecommerce business can receive from a loyal customer. CLV serves as an excellent gauge of the depth of your relationships with your current customers by estimating the revenue each customer will bring to your brand over the course of their relationship.
WHAT IS THE LINK BETWEEN CROSS-SELLING EMAILS AND CLV?
Cross-sell emails help in increasing the average order value. When used correctly, it increases your revenue. In the long run, cross-sell emails increase customer lifetime value. For example, an ecommerce store may offer monthly subscriptions on products, and then, before their customers' monthly subscription items expire, they may send out cross-sell email Campaigns to entice them to return. They can also suggest a few related products that existing customers can add to their monthly order. In the short term, this can increase their average order value. In the long run, cross-sell emails increase customer lifetime value.
WRITING CROSS SELLING EMAILS -
1) Cross-sell emails are typically brief. The goal is to increase your ROI. Highlight the product that a customer is considering purchasing or has already purchased. Begin by reminding your customer of previous purchases. If the cross-sell is attached to an abandoned cart email, you can also remind the prospect of the product they left in their cart.
2) Provide a few related or complementary products - This is the most important part of your email where you offer your customers additional products. Recommend products that are complementary to the items they brought. Make sure to only include a few items. You won't overwhelm them this way.
3) Make it a series of emails rather than a one-time email - You may need to do follow-ups to increase the effectiveness of your campaign. You can send cross-sell emails at predetermined intervals by using an ecommerce marketing automation tool.
COPYWRITING BEST PRACTICES FOR WRITING CROSS SELLING EMAILS -
1. Create intriguing subject lines - If your cross-sell email isn't opened, you're not going to sell anything. As a result, keep your subject lines short and sweet.
• Include an emoji
• When writing emails, use personalization.
• Provide an answer to the question, "What's in it for them?"
2. Create engaging preheaders- A preheader is the short piece of text that appears next to the subject line in your email inbox.
• For example, • Problem - Solution • Story • Offer • Promise
The goal is to persuade your recipient to open your email.
3. Include social proof - You want your customer to feel more confident in their decision. As a result, make sure your email copy includes social proof.
4. Give them a reason to act right away, such as Do you have a clearance sale going on? Offer a limited number of products or a discount code that will expire. Show scarcity to get them to act now.
5. Provide a strong guarantee, similar to what Amazon does with Amazon Prime. Can you guarantee a quick shopping experience? Can you provide a money-back guarantee? Your goal is to remove as much risk from your customer as possible, making it difficult for them to say no.
Email marketing can help you nurture and deepen your customer relationships. However, cross-sell emails give your campaign a boost. These emails encourage repeat purchases, foster loyalty through personalization, and ultimately increase a customer's lifetime value (CLV).
These emails can be included in the majority of your regular email campaigns. This includes emails such as welcome, abandoned cart, order confirmation, and thank-you.
With this information, you should be able to launch a successful cross-selling email marketing strategy for your Online store.
Work with Me -
Book 1:1: Business Consultation with me. I will help you build a Profitable online Business with Digital Marketing. Click here to book your appointment -https://calendly.com/creativepassion/60min